Sunday, April 4, 2010

Nonexistent - Day 0

Somehow it is magically April now.
It's almost midnight and tomorrow morning will be our first morning of principal photography of my new film, titled "Nonexistent"
I haven't released a press release so if you're paying attention to this blog, you are ahead of the Robert Luke news.
Tyler Tackett is playing the male lead. At this time we are waiting on Mallory Carrick to come on into town, as we just took down a badass pasta dish I made and watching Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete. The complete version makes me happy.
Throughout chillaxing during movie time, I find a new reason to nervously pace back and forth, take care of that chore and realize I can relax and have a beer.
Granted I'm doing a short, but I have to say this is the most relaxed I've been before any production. Normally I can be a nervous wreck before a production. The fact that I'm not nervous makes me wonder what I'm missing. After all, this is my first time to direct again since 2006. I've been heavily involved in other productions so the experience I've had since "The Man in the Garage" is miles upon miles further.
I'd like to think that, I've had enough experience, trust my actors enough, and more importantly trust myself enough that I know we have everything under control and can handle any obstacle that shows up.
We're going to shoot half of the whole damn movie tomorrow at my friend Johnny's apartment. I feel bad for making him take his dog somewhere for a day but damn it looks cool and he won't have it for too much longer. It is pretty small and I do love to use a telephoto lens for dramatic scenes so we'll see how that goes.
So I'm feeling good. I can't think of anything more to write and shit is about to get real in the FF7 movie. Man this movie reminds me of my biggest influence as a 13 year old.
I'll do my best to update nightly.
Good freagin night.
Until Tomorrow, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment