Friday, December 25, 2009

The Christmas Blog

Okay so I know this will show it was published after Christmas, but I promise you I started this blog on Christmas day.

I wanted to make a list of things I love about Christmas. Then I realized it's all movie related because that's what I like.


Nightmare Before Christmas - For a while and sometimes again, it bugs me about how popular and "trendy" this movie is. But it's because it's damned good. Lately in a weird way I've been feeling very identified with Jack Skellington. Should I be worried? Maybe. Of all the songs on here, I'm finding this one most amazing of all. I also love the camera movements that would be so HARD to do in a live action film and so much easier with stop motion animation.



Batman Returns - not trying to make this a Tim Burton Christmas but I love christmas/snowy setting of the film. No need to go on about how crappy the script is, although I do love the ending and think it's exciting as all hell. I'm pointing this one out because I used to love it so much and remember getting it for Christmas on VHS one year. Good times. This trailer still makes me giddy as a kid.


The next movie I would like to bring up, is a Christmas classic that I think is very underrated. I think it's very well written, a very smart movie despite the genre's reputation. It's about a family coming back together during the holidays, while trying to save the Nakatomi building from Alan Rickman. "Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho."



The Christmas Song- Not a movie, but I like this song by Nat King Cole and I think it works amazingly in film. It's nice. What more explanation do you need?



Scrooged. Best freagin movie ever. Everything about it is perfect.

As far as the holidays, I went up to Dallas to hang out with my brother, his two kids and my parents who were also visiting. Also got a change to hang out with actor, Mallory Carrick. We decided we are twins and together we're going to take over the film community. I didn't get a chance to meet up with Mel and Chris or see Natali while she was in town. I need a car. or a temporary engine? This week I'll be losing a lot of sleep. Final push for the Walking Distance extras. Excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment